It is no secret: Moving is a stressful experience. You have so much to deal with from boxing your possessions to getting paperwork in order for your next place. On top of that, you are saying goodbye to the place you have been living for a long time. It can leave you feeling overwhelmed and wishing everything was just done with. The first thing to do is to breathe and remember that you are not alone in this feeling. There are a few things you can do to reduce the moving stress and get yourself ready and excited for your next place.
Reduce Your Moving Stress Tips
- Create and Follow a Checklist – Having a visual representation of the tasks you have to complete to be prepared can help you be organized and minimize the stress by allowing you to treat every checked off item as an accomplishment.
- Open Up Your Calendar – If you realize that you are going to be stressed, try to clear your calendar of possible issues, events, and interferences that could increase your moving stress. You can also plan days that you are going to be able to complete moving tasks.
- Box Up And Declutter – Take the time you are boxing up your belongings as a time to assess your possessions as well. Toss anything unneeded or that you no longer have a use for. This reduces the number of boxes, the moving stress, and helps when you go to set up your new place.
- Take “You” Time – It’s important to take a step away from the situation sometimes to focus on relaxing. Do something you enjoy or take a small trip so that you can enjoy some time away from the situation. You can also take the time to say goodbye to the area, your home, and friends in the area if moving far.
- Remember To Go With the Flow – Because there is so much to do, you may start to fixate on completing tasks immediately. This can lead to unneeded stress as you worry about self-imposed deadlines Remember that you have time to get ready and be flexible with the completion of tasks.
Remember, even though moving can be sad, you want the moving experience to be as pleasant as it can. Need assistance with your move? Mid-Cities Movers can help! Give us a call today at (817) 267-9901 for your moving needs!